Intended for children aged 3-4 years ONLY, who will be starting Kindergarten in September 2023.
This 2.5 hour program lays a strong foundation for a positive educational experience and a smooth transition to Kindergarten, fostering classroom skills and independence skills. Experienced educators spend time exploring literacy, numeracy, science and so much more with children through a natural and inquiry-based program.
Kindergarten Readiness is available Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday and runs from 9:30am through 12:00pm. Students may attend 1-day, 2-days, 3-days.
Registration is currently open for the Spring & Summer sessions!
The Kindergarten Readiness Program will resume in March 2023.
Spring Session 2023: March 21, 2023 through June 22, 2023 (14 weeks)
1-Day (Wednesday Only) $560
2-Days (Tuesday and Thursday) $1120
3-Days (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) $1680
Summer Session 2023: July 4, 2023 through August 24, 2023 (8 weeks)
1-Day (Wednesday Only) $320
2-Days (Tuesday and Thursday) $640
3-Days (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) $960
Program Skill Development
This program includes exploring skills within:
- Literacy: phonics, writing skills through fine motor development, literature appreciation through storytelling
- Early math concepts, including numeracy and patterning.
- Self-Expression and Creativity through the arts.
- Building independence, self-awareness and confidence through daily routines and community-based programming.
- Cooperation and communication skills with peers
- Cognitive Skills – Memory games, science experiments, sequencing, books, musical instruments, songs and games, visit police and fire stations, fingerplays.
- Gross Motor Skills – Safe area for running, jumping, climbing, swinging, sliding, riding bikes, proper use of balls and bean bags, songs and games.
Only 6 students maximum, allowing for personalized and enriched learning opportunities.
Our school is situated in the heart of the Mimico Village community and students learn daily what it means to be a contributing member of a school and city community.
Hands-on learning experiences encourage children to question and learn about the world around them.
Enhanced learning through the Arts, including daily dance, music, movement, art and creative expression.
Personalized instruction to meet all learners where they are at, enriching their strengths and building foundations for learning.
Integrated learning through Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
**COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES**
Oak Learners regularly reviews and implements precautions and enhancements to our programming to protect the health and safety of our students and our staff, as per the guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health. Read more.
Inquire today to join an upcoming session!
Please include any questions you have regarding Kindergarten Readiness program and a member of our admissions team will be in touch with you as soon as possible to take you through the steps to admission.
Our Kindergarten Readiness program resumes in March 2023.