Intended for children aged 3-4 years who will be starting Kindergarten in September 2022.
This 2.5hr program lays a strong foundation for a positive educational experience and a smooth transition to Kindergarten, fostering classroom skills and independence skills. Experienced educators spend time exploring literacy, numeracy, science and so much more with children through a natural and inquiry-based program.
Kindergarten Readiness is available Tues/Wed/Thurs/Fri from 9:30am-12:00noon. Students may attend 2-days, 3-days or 4-days.
Program Skill Development
This program includes exploring skills within:
- Literacy: phonics, writing skills through fine motor development, literature appreciation through storytelling
- Early math concepts, including numeracy and patterning.
- Self-Expression and Creativity through the arts.
- Building independence, self-awareness and confidence through daily routines and community-based programming.
- Cooperation and communication skills with peers
- Cognitive Skills – Memory games, science experiments, sequencing, books, musical instruments, songs and games, visit police and fire stations, fingerplays.
- Gross Motor Skills – Safe area for running, jumping, climbing, swinging, sliding, riding bikes, proper use of balls and bean bags, songs and games.
Only 6 students max., allowing for personalized and enriched learning opportunities.
Our school is situated in the heart of the Mimico Village community and students learn daily what it means to be a contributing member of a school and city community.
Hands-on learning experiences encourage children to question and learn about the world around them.
Enhanced learning through the Arts, including daily dance, music, movement, art and creative expression.
Personalized instruction to meet all learners where they are at, enriching their strengths and building foundations for learning.
Integrated learning through Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
**COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES**
Oak Learners regularly reviews and implements precautions and enhancements to our camps and programming to protect the health and safety of our campers and our staff, as per the guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health. Read more.
Ongoing Enrollment for 2021-22 School Year
We are currently accepting applications for the Kindergarten Readiness Program for the 2021-22 school year.
Book an intake call with our School Director to begin the application process.