Infection Prevention & Control at Oak LearnersCOVID-19 Precautions & Policies
Infection Prevention & Control
The current community spread of COVID-19 requires schools to prepare a range of delivery circumstances for school and camp operations. The following enhancements to our facility and programs are being put into place to protect the health and safety of our students, our staff and our families.
**NOTE: All policies and procedures are continuously reviewed and revised regularly to be always in accordance with the most current guidelines from Toronto Public Health.
- Entry to Oak Learners is restricted to staff and students. Parents will drop-off and pick-up from outside, adhering to strict social distancing practices.
- The capacity inside of Oak Learners at any given time is limited to a total of 30 individuals.
- Classrooms are limited to only 6 students and 1 teacher at all times.
- Oak Learners has increased daily cleaning and sanitizing of our facility.
- All unnecessary or hard-to-clean items have been removed from classrooms. All other materials and equipment undergoes daily cleaning and/or cleaning between uses.
- Hand sanitzer is available in each classroom.
- Bathrooms are stocked with soap and hand sanitizer and undergo frequent cleaning throughout the day.
- Designing our unique programs with an increased emphasis on Outdoor Education to maximize the learning opportunities for children while we spend at least 30%-50% of our day outside.
- Maintaining our focus on social and emotional learning for our students through a supportive and flexible program.
- A complete plan for flexible transitions between at-home and in-school learning. Staff and students will receive an at-home plan for sick days or isolation days to ensure there is fluidity between home and school to reduce any loss of learning.
- All students and staff undergo daily health checks including a COVID-19 screening questionnaire and temperature checks, as per current guidelines from Toronto Public Health.
- Rules and expectations for testing, isolation and quarantine will be followed exactly as per guidelines from Toronto Public Health.
- Students and staff will participate in increased “Hygiene Breaks” for hand washing before and after each activity.
- Physical distancing will be encouraged between students as well as reminders of healthy hygiene practices.
- Students will be reminded to practice healthy respiratory etiquette, such as speaking to others from a safe distance, coughing and sneezing into their shirt or sleeve and staying home when sick.
- All staff and students will be required to wear masks indoors in accordance with age and physical space guidelines from Toronto Public Health.
- If a student or staff member becomes sick during the school day, they will be immediately isolated from others and required to wear a mask. Parents/guardians will be contacted to pick up their child immediately and follow instructions from Toronto Public Health for next steps.