Here are some great ideas for teenagers to make the most of their time at home:
- Create vision boards or collages of things they are looking forward to post pandemic
- Start a journal to express themselves and their feelings daily
- Coordinate Zoom game nights with friends
- Start a virtual book club or engage in a book exchange
- Coordinate Netflix Parties with your favourite movies
- Enroll in a free online class and learn a new skill (ex. Music or painting basics)
- Discover new recipes online and practice cooking dinner for the family
- Research upcoming online paint nights
- Research virtual tours that align with their interests
- Discover online mindfulness meditation classes
It can be hard to reduce screen time for teenagers so why not turn a negative into a positive and make the most of screen time. There are many ideas floating on the World Wide Web and this is just a starting point of some great methods to make COVID a little more tolerable. Just because we’re spending most of our time indoors doesn’t mean the fun has to end.
For online field trips to explore you can check out our Virtual Field Trips archive page.
For more healthy living posts visit our Healthy Living Blog Posts
Or, sign up for our newsletter below for school updates.
Get updates on new classes, hosted events, and more.