Nothing says Spring like seeing cherry blossom trees begin blossoming in gorgeous shades of pink and white! This painting is a wonderful spring art project for kids with an added bonus of paiting with different textures!
- Canvas pape
- Acrylic or tempra paint (red, pink, white, black, green)
- Paint palette and water container, recycled containers work great for this
- Cotton balls with clothespins OR Qtips OR potato halves OR sponges
- Begin by using a black marker to draw an outline of the tree trunk and branches. The child can paint the trunk in with black paint.
- Use Qtips, or cotton balls held with clothespins to dab white and pink paint onto the branches to create the “blossoms”.
- Children can also use their fingers to dab on green leaves.
For more activity stories and Oak Learners fun check us out on Instagram
For more fun Arts & Creafts find us on Pinterest too.
Looking for more fun Arts & Crafts check out our Arts & Creafts Archives
Or, sign up for our newsletter below for school updates.
Keep up with Oak Learners
Get updates on new classes, hosted events, and more.