- Glass jar (Mason Jar or a Pickle Jar, just needs to have a lid!)
- Blue food colouring (3-5 drops)
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of dish soap (clear or blue)
- Measuring Spoons
Tornado in a Jar Experiment Steps:
- Fill the jar almost to the rim with cold water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of clear or blue liquid soap to the jar of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to the jar.
- Add 3-5 drops of blue food colouring if you wish.
- Put the lid back on the jar very tightly.
- Shake the jar.
Now you can watch the tornado spin in a safe place for your observation.
Get updates on new classes, hosted events, and more.