Children love to explore! They love to touch everything, see everything, smell everything, hear everything and even taste everything! What better way to encourage safe exploration of their world than by teaching them about their five senses!
- Senses worksheet https://drive.google.com/file/d/13N_72iXv6gnIWAucjKhqO2Ybw7VUrdn7/view
- OPTIONAL: Glue or tape
Step by Step: *you can either do 2 at a time or all. But I do recommend 2 at a time to give your child a little bit of a challenge
- Using scissors, cut out the picture cards
- Set them up in a pile in front of the Senses papers
- Ask your child questions describing the cards so they can start to determine where they go. Some examples are:
- What do I use to smell?
- Where do you think the skunk goes?
- Do we use our eyes to eat? (and then have child correct you)
- When you have found a match, you can either just place the card on the space (and have it has a reusable game) OR glue/tape the answers in place
Looking for more fun for Pre-K? Check out our Kindergarten Readiness program:
For more activity stories and Oak Learners fun check us out on Instagram
Looking for more fun activity blog posts then check out our Activities Archives
For more fun Activities find us on Pinterest too.
Or, sign up for our newsletter below for school updates.
Keep up with Oak Learners
Get updates on new classes, hosted events, and more.