It’s a great time to teach kids about germs and how proper handwashing can ensure all of those little microbes get washed down the drain. Talking about ways to take control of the spread of germs and viruses can help children feel less vulnerable when outbreaks occur.
Supplies needed to Explore Germs on Little Hands:
- White or light coloured bowl
- Dish Soap
- Pepper/Tea bag/Glitter (you can pick which one you want to use)
Step by Step:
- Fill your bowl with water- doesn’t have to be super full, just enough to stick your fingers in the top
- Open your tea/glitter/pepper and sprinkle some into your bowl on top of the water
- Use your index finger and dip it into the bowl of water- make sure you show the particles that have stuck to your finger and talk about them as if they were real germs
- Wipe away any excess off your hands
- Begin to wash your hands- make sure your hands have lots of suds
- Without wiping your hands, stick your index finger in the bowl again (the pepper should move away from the soap)
- Explain that germs don’t like soap and water and the importance of washing hands
For more healthy living posts visit our Healthy Living Blog Posts
To keep up with new blog posts you can follow us on Facebook or Instagram
For more fun Fitness Activities find us on Pinterest too.
Or, sign up for our newsletter below for school updates.
Keep up with Oak Learners
Get updates on new classes, hosted events, and more.