Summer Camps 2020
$260.00 – $325.00
**NEW** **COVID-19 HEALTH AND SAFETY PROCEDURES**
The following precautions and enhancements to our camps are being put into place to protect the health and safety of our campers and our stafff, as per the guidelines from the Ontario Ministry of Health and Toronto Public Health.
- Daily health check-ins and temperature checks for all campers and staff.
- Restricting entry to allow only campers and staff inside our facility. Parents will drop-off and pick-up from outside, adhering to strict social distancing practices.
- Limitting the total number of people in our center at any given time and limiting camp registrations to 50% of our capacity to allow for physical distancing and smaller groups. Camper groups will be in cohorts of 5 (indoors) and 10 (outdoors) with a camper:staff ratio of 5:1.
- Implementing and training all staff on our new Pandemic Policy and Heath and Safety policies and procedures, including increased cleaning and santizing of our facility and increased “Hygeine Breaks” for handwashing before and after every activity.
- Designing our unique day camps with an increased emphasis on Outdoor and Environmental education to maximize the learning opportunities for children while we spend at least 50% of our days outside.
- Maintaining our focus on social and emotional learning for our campers through a supportive and flexible program.
|Week||Date||Day Camps||Price|(SOLD OUT)
***To be added to the waitlist, please email us at email@example.com with your child’s name and age
Arts & Adventures Camps
All campers will participate in activities that have been specially designed to inspire and ignite creativity and confidence in our campers. Camper:Staff ratio is at least 8:1 per group. Campers will be assigned to a “home group” for their time at camp. They will have a primary counselor who is their leader for programming and well-being. Throughout the day, the groups will have many opportunities to mix and mingle, particularly during our outdoor adventures.
All Camps at Oak Learners have a foundation in outdoor education with a focus on the Arts, Mindfulness and Community.
Mindfulness: In addition to participating in guided yoga and meditation exercises, campers will participate in specially designed self-awareness activities, giving each camper time to be introspective, ask questions, relax and be creative.
The Arts: Through the arts, campers will have the opportunity to develop their social skills, confidence and cognitive flexibility as they explore concepts within the dramatic arts.
Our Community: Campers will spend as much time outdoors as possible, enjoying local field trips that are designed to encourage them to explore their natural surroundings and develop an understanding of their own roles in nature and in our surrounding community.
A Typical Week at Arts & Adventures Camp:
A typical day includes morning mindfulness activities, an outdoor adventure trip to a local park or nature trail in the afternoon and time to work on their camp-specific theme activities throughout the day. Some of the weeks, campers will embark on a field trip that has been selected to foster experiential learning and increase their understanding of the elements that have been learned throughout the week. Each week also includes at least one or two visits to a local splash pad or wading pool. You will be notified each week which days are intended to be “Water Days” so you can pack accordingly.
|8:00-9:00 am||Early Drop-Off Programming|
|8:45 - 9:00 am||Arrival/Open Activities|
|9:00 - 9:30 am||Yoga & Mindfulness|
|9:30 - 10:15 am||Camp Theme Activities|
|10:15 - 10:30 am||Snack|
|10:30 - 12:00 pm||Camp Theme Activities or Outdoor Fun|
|12:00 - 1:00 pm||Lunch|
|1:00 - 3:30 pm||Outdoor Adventure|
|3:30 - 4:00 pm||Camp Theme Activities/Dismissal|
|4:00-6:00 pm||Extended Day Programming|
Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8