What do you need to create a “Tie-Dye” Effect with permanent markers?
- Cotton or canvas fabric (t-shirt, canvas shoes, pencil case, I used a rag!)
- permanent markers, as many colours as you want
- Isopropyl alcohol
- an eye-dropper or a straw
How to create your “Tie-Dye”:
1. Hold down your fabric so its flat, you can tape it or ask for help.
2. Colour or draw shapes over as much of the fabric as you want.
3. Once you feel like your done lay it on a flat surface. (I recommend doing this part outside or on a plastic table cloth because the permanent ink may soak through).
4. Use the eye dropper or straw to dribble the alcohol onto what you draw/coloured.
5. Watch it spread and mix together!
6. Let it dry!